Monday, March 09, 2009

We have a 2 year old and a 2 week old!

Hi friends-Just a little update on the new life that we are living. Peyton is doing great! She is 2 weeks old now. She gained her birth weight back in 1 week. Tanner is adjusting to sharing his time with Kipp and I. Yesterday we went to church and Tanner cried so much that Kipp had to stay with him in his class. He has also started to cry when Kipp drops him off at his babysitter's house. He never used to do that. Poor guy. He just wants to be with us all of the time. He wants to make sure he is not being replaced. Like that could ever happen.

We had Tanner's birthday party a few weeks ago but Saturday was his real birthday. 3-7-07. We went to the Legoland aquarium called Sealife. We had such a great time. Grandma Lyons came with us and we were all so impressed. I thought it was perfect for Tanner's age. Everything was at eye level for Tan so we didn't have to lift him up. We were there for about 2 hours which was the perfect amount of time for me.

Peyton went to visit both of her grandparent's houses this weekend. She is doing so good and we are so in love with her. Last night we all went to watch Kipp play in his church basketball game. Tanner thinks that Kipp is playing basketball every time he is not with us. The funny thing is that he tells people, "Daddy Basketball." Then people ask me if my husband is a porfessional basketball player. Don't I wish.

My friend Christie posted more pictures if you would like to take a look.

3 comments:

Diane Davis said...

you know the pictures are beyond amazing when not only do a want a copy of each of them, but i find myself a little jealous and want to actually BE YOU. :)

so glad to hear you are leading a fulfilled life, friend.

Kristi said...

Unlike Diane, I do not want to be you. I enjoy sleeping. And not having to pop my boobs out to nurse. OOPS - did I say that outloud. My bad.

With that said...I'm so happy everything is going so well. Tanner will get used to it soon! I promise.

I thought about him so much on Saturday. I'm so glad you had a good time.

We love you guys. Squeeze Peyton for me! :o)

Dionne Sincire said...

I remember days like these. Whenever we dropped Sadia off at the babysitter, she'd start crying suddenly. We later found out that she believed we were dropping her off so that we could spend alone time with Simone. She felt excluded. :0(

I am so glad that's all water under the bridge now. Sadia doesn't remember a lot from that phase. Both of them are very close now. Stay encouraged!